Jay D. Adkisson
AttorneyAdmitted Arizona, California, Nevada, Oklahoma and Texas
100 Bayview Circle, Suite 210
Newport Beach, California 92660
Ph: 949 200 7773 Fax: 877 698 0678 2850
West Horizon Ridge Pkwy, Suite 200
Henderson, Nevada 89052
Ph: 702-953-9617 Fax: 877-698-0678
Jay Adkisson is best known as the creator of Quatloos.com and as a book author and popular legal and financial speaker on a variety of topics. Jay is an attorney who practices in the areas of creditor-debtor litigation, asset protection and wealth preservation, and captive insurance companies and insurance/reinsurance litigation. He is also a contributor to Forbes magazine.
Jay Adkisson earned his Juris Doctor degree from the University of Oklahoma in 1988, and was a member of the Oklahoma Law Review. He has been admitted to practice before the Supreme Court of Oklahoma (1989), Texas (1993), California (2007), Nevada (2012), Arizona (2012), the U.S. Supreme Court, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 5th, 9th, 10th, and 11th Circuits, and numerous federal district courts nationwide. In 23 years of practicing law, he has been in litigation and trials from Houston to Miami to Delaware to Tacoma to San Diego, and many places in between.
- Jay is a member of the American Bar Association and is active in leadership in the Business Law and Real Property, Trusts and Estate (RPTE) sections.
- Vice-Chair, 2012 to 2015, Committee on Financial Services and Insurance in the RPTE Section
- American Bar Association Advisor, 2012-14, Uniform Laws Commission Committee on the Uniform Voidable Transactions Act (formerly the Uniform Fraudulent Transfers Act)
- American Bar Association Advisor, 2014-2015, Uniform Laws Commission Committee on the Uniform Series of Unincorporated Business Entities (a/k/a Uniform Series LLC Act)
- Past Chair, 2012 to 2014, Committee on Captive Insurance Companies in the Business Law Section
Jay is a founding partner of Riser Adkisson LLP, with his offices in Newport Beach, California, and Henderson, Nevada.